Introducing week 3 of Meet the bloggers Monday.
1. Can you tell us about yourself and your blog.
I’m a 30-something wife to Chris, Mum to Isla Jean (born May 2016), and Baby girl #2 due in April 2019. Life As Mrs D has been running for just over 5 years now. I write about, as the name suggests, Life As Mrs D. The trials and tribulations, the boring and the busy, the moments and the madness, the loves and the laughs.
2. What inspired you to start your blog?
I’ve kept blogs of sorts on and off since I was 15, but didn’t have one running at the time. I was bored one afternoon between Christmas and New Year, so decided to start writing. The rest is a collection of rambling, reviews and writing.
3. How much time do you spend blogging?
It varies a lot. Some months I can spend most evening, and a couple of afternoons a week on my blog. Other times, it can be a good few weeks before I open up the laptop. It depends on how crazy life is at the time!
4. Would you encourage others to start their own blog?
If you enjoy writing, then go for it! It’s a lot of hard work, but there’s some fantastic blogging communities that can help you along the way.
5. A lot of people think blogging is an easy way of making money online, do you have any tips for those people who are wanting to make money through blogging?
It’s not easy, or quick. But keep on at it. Send lots of pitches out to the brands you want to work with, but don’t get disheartened if you don’t hear anything back, or don’t get picked. They will hear from a lot of people. Make sure you’re writing regularly, and write some reviews of things you already own so that you can show the brands what you’re capable of.
6. How do you motivate yourself to keep your blog up?
I just keep writing. At the moment I am trying to complete 101 things in 1001 days and try to write a post about each task I complete, so it always gives me something to write about. Write about what you love, what interests you. And whenever you think of a good post idea, write it down, even if you don’t have time to write it up straight away, it’ll be there for when you do.
7. What do you think is the best social media strategy for driving more traffic to your blog?
Promote a lot, join blogging groups for ideas, and make sure you comment on lots of other blogs – they’ll often come back and comment on yours.
8. What do you find to be the most frustrating aspect of blogging?
When you write a really good post, and it just flops!
9. What is the biggest difference in your life post – blogging?
The experiences I’ve got from blogging, attending events and conferences, products I’ve discovered, friends I’ve made. It’s been great.
10. In the future where do you hope your blog will take you?
I’m hoping that I can one day make a good income from blogging. I started making a bit of money last year, and would like to build on that. Lots of hard work involved, but it should be fun!
You can find Sophie over at:
Thank you to Sophie for taking her time in answering all of the interview questions. I hope you all enjoy reading her answers just as much as I have.