There are so many wonderful things about being a parent. It’s so rewarding to watch your child grow into a little tiny human. They can bring the most frustration yet the biggest laughs, as they come out with the funniest of things.
It can be such a roller coaster of emotions, from ultimate contentment one second to wanting to pull your hair out the next.
But as a parent, I can’t believe half the stuff that comes out of my mouth either, if you heard half the things I say to my children out of context you’d probably think I’m crazy.
Some phrases just seem to form part of the everyday life of being a parent, sometimes it’s the only logic thing to say at that moment.
So here are 10 of the strangest things I have ever said to my children.
Warning! If you are not a parent (or deal with children on a daily basis) this might seem too awkward or too strange…
- You’re so lucky you’re beautiful!
- Sorry, but daddy can’t marry you. He is already married to me!
- Eat all your vegetables, you’ll turn into a princess!
- That’s not food. Did you actually eat that?
- Stop trying to brush the dolls hair with your toothbrush!
- You’re not the boss of me, I’m your mother not the other way around!
- You’re Just Like Your Father!
- If you take your seat belt off, the police will take you to jail!
- Stop licking my face!
- If you keep making that face, it’ll freeze that way!
I couldn’t just stop there. I asked a few parent bloggers if they wanted to share any strange phrases that they’ve said to their children, and a lot of these really made me laugh out loud. They are hilarious!
Lisa – Get the fork out of your butt!
Victoria – No, mummy doesn’t have a willy!
Jennifer – Jeremy Corbyn’s head is an outdoor toy!
Laura – Sorry you can’t brush your hair with the toilet brush!
Rachel – I don’t think the dog should be wearing Ariel the Little Mermaid’s wig!
Shel – Did you just wee on your sister?!
Nita – No, food will not appear in the toilet if you eat poo!
Elaine – Take your willy off your sisters head!
Jude – Please don’t balance the bath toys on your willy, darling!What’s the funniest thing you have said as a parent?