Trying to find the best Birthday presents for a One Year Old?
Let’s be honest. The First birthday is just about the best for us parents! Our little ones don’t really care nor understand about presents and would be content with just a cardboard box and wrapping paper.
I am still in denial that Hugo will be turning One on Sunday. A whole year has come around so blooming’ fast.
As his birthday is only a few days away I thought I’d better get my head together and think about what gifts to get him. Yes, I am that disorganised! Nothing like a bit of last minute present buying hey?
I’ve been on the hunt for some fun and affordable toys that will engage, educate, and excite Hugo as he’s now at that age where he loves to play and explore.
I thought it would be fun to round up some first birthday gift ideas for a one year old! You know, just in case you are stumped as to what to buy the little One year old in your life.
So without further ado. Here’s my Ultimate Gift Guide for One year olds.
1. Fisher Price Laugh and Learn Magic Colour Mixing Bowl: Your baby can mix up lots of yummy pretend play with the Fisher-Price Laugh & Learn Magic colour Mixing Bowl! This light-up baby music mixing bowl toy ‘magically’ knows when little bakers place the ingredients inside and rewards every put-and-take action with colourful lights, music, sounds and learning phrases.
2. Ocean Explorers Stand n Dance Starfish: Ocean Explorers Stand n Dance Starfish tower encourages Baby to create music and dance along. The light-up keyboard can be played by little hands when sitting, or by little feet when standing and dancing. Baby can use the curvy tower to pull up to standing position, then make the balls spiral out of control.
3. Fisher-Price Laugh and Learn Light-up Learning Vacuum: Clean up time has never been more fun with the Laugh and Learn Light- up Learning Vacuum activity toy from Fisher-Price! When your toddler pushes the vacuum along, bright lights and learning songs and phrases will introduce colours, counting, and more. Flip the “power” switch
up and actual vacuum sounds let your tiny helper really get into the role play fun!
4. Leapfrog Dino’s delightful day book: Have a delightful day while learning the ABCs! Join Dino and read about his day while learning the alphabet. Letters and words are woven into the story in alphabetical order with phonetic sounds to introduce ABCs through a charming tale.
5. Squirrel Play Wooden Fire Station Wagon: This cool Fire Station Wagon is sure to be a child’s favourite toy. With a variety of colourful puzzles it is sure to attract the attention of any child. The bead runner and other puzzles on this Fire Station Wagon is designed to improve children’s hand-eye coordination and enrich their cognitive ability.
6. VTech Feed Me Dino: Cute interactive dino friend eats and recognises the foods you feed him! Dino features 2 different modes of play, 5 press buttons that introduce numbers, counting, music notes and shapes and a light-up head button that will trigger a question and answer game to encourage play and repetitive learning.
7. Fisher Price On The Glow Coffee Cup: Fisher Price on the glow coffee cup, it’s stimulating for baby or toddler, cute & friendly. Bright colours, fun for learning alphabet & numbers & glows different colours. Babies & toddlers can listen to music & it’s sized for little hands & fingers.
8. Wooden Plush Dinosaur Rocking Toddler Baby Ride On Rocker: Help your baby’s development through interaction, stimulation and imagination, rockers are good for young toddlers to give them a clear understanding about good balance as they start learning to stand and walk because these toys require leg and core muscles to keep moving, motor skills are slowly improved.
9. Fisher Price Cookie Shape Surprise Jar: Fisher Price Cookie Shape Surprise is an electronic educational learning toy that teaches baby shapes and numbers. Fisher Price Cookie Shape Surprise features a ‘magical’ opening that senses baby’s hand, or the cookie jar shapes, and plays sing-along songs each time something is placed on top of the jar.
10. Fisher Price Musical Jungle Jigsaw: Apart from being fun, solving jigsaw puzzles play a very important role in brain function and developing fine motor skills. This jigsaw also provides fun animal sounds, bright colours and chunky enough for little hands to grasp.So there’s my 10 favourite recommendations for One year olds, all of these toys, I have personally bought Hugo for his Birthday, in addition to a garden swing, and a few personalised wooden toys such as a train set and a few wooden jig saws.I hope you enjoyed reading my gift guide and hope you find something from my list for the little person in your life who’s about to turn One.